Many of us want to stay in our own home for as long as possible. It’s a big part of retaining independence.
However, adaptations, improvements, extensions or repairs may be needed to meet changes in our circumstances and to maintain safe and comfortable surroundings. This does not necessarily involve major projects. Relatively small and simple refurbishments or adaptations can make big differences.
Care & Repair Home Improvement Service offers practical support, advice and guidance on work which suits your long term needs including:
- Bathroom adaptations, especially installation of level access showers or conversions to wet rooms
- Home extensions
- Windows & doors
- Electrical upgrades
- Heating and plumbing
- Roofing and guttering repair
What are the advantages of using our service?
Building work can be stressful especially if you don’t know a reliable builder.
- Recommend contractors approved by us and arrange quotations for you
- Design & prepare specifications
- Complete plans which meet building regulations
- Assist with planning applications to local authorities
- Manage & oversee projects through to completion
How does it work?
We will discuss and agree with you the work necessary to meet your requirements in detail and provide a written quotation.
And the Cost?
That depends on the exact nature of the work and extent of our involvement and will be discussed and agreed with you.
Am I Eligible?
Yes, if you are a home owner or privately renting living in Warwickshire including
- Stratford on Avon District
- North Warwickshire
- Nuneaton & Bedworth or Rugby Boroughs
- Warwick district (including Leamington Spa & Kenilworth)
Age UK Warwickshire are Trustmark Accredited to Government Endorsed Standards for Home Adaptations for the Elderly and Disabled.
For full information
Telephone: 01926 458125
Hours: 10am to 2pm Monday - Friday
Watch this short film about the service