If you need a skilled Handyman (or it could be a lady!) to take on small jobs around the home, we're here to help.
How does it work?
- The Home maintenance service provides a handyperson to carry out minor repairs to domestic properties within Warwickshire.
- All work is undertaken by our own experienced, vetted and DBS checked team.
Am I eligible?
- The home maintenance service operates in the larger towns such as Alcester, Atherstone, Bedworth, Kenilworth, Leamington, Nuneaton, Rugby, Shipston, Southam, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwick AND if you live in a Warwickshire village this service is also available to you too.
What services are included?
- Examples of work which can be undertaken include:
- Fixing dripping taps
- Easing doors
- Fitting grab rails
- Moving furniture
- Fixing fences or even taking down the curtains
- Putting up shelves
- Door locks (wooden only not UPVC)
If you need help with any other small job around the home, please call us for advice.
We regret that the scheme does not cover the following:
- Electrical, gas or roof work
- Repairs to domestic appliances.
How much does it cost?
This is a chargeable service and the current rate is £25.00 per hour for minor jobs (minimum charge 1 hour). Any materials used are charged at an extra cost.
You can also supply your own parts; no extra charge will be incurred other than the labour charge to fit the parts.
All costs include VAT. Invoices are sent at the end of the month.
Is getting to your front door difficult?
If so, a keysafe could make life easier for you and the relatives friends and carers you trust.
Our home maintenance team can supply and fit keysafes from £40 usually within 48 hours.
Age UK Warwickshire are Trustmark Accredited to Government Endorsed Standards for Home Adaptations for the Elderly and Disabled.
Contact us to request a service
Telephone: 01926 458125
If you would like more information about this service please complete the details below and someone will get back to you shortly.