Each winter, one older person dies needlessly every 7 minutes - that’s 200 deaths a day that could be prevented. Spread the Warmth is Age UK’s campaign to help older people stay well during winter.
How Age UK Wiltshire helps older people in winter
Age UK Wiltshire is working hard to help older people keep warm and well throughout the winter in a number of ways. During the Spread the Warmth campaign we will be providing the following services:
- We distribute essential items like clothes, heaters and electric blankets to keep older people warm.
- We provide free information and advice to ease financial worries, and help older people to feel warm and well.
- We provide befriending services to help fight loneWe distribute essential items like clothes, heaters and electric blankets to keep older people warm.
How you can help Spread the Warmth
We rely on your donations to ensure we can continue to run our services and help older people keep warm and well this winter.
- £10 could buy one winter warmth pack to help vulnerable older people through the coldest months of the year.
- £50 could buy 2 emergency heaters for an older person at serious risk of the cold, because of broken heating.
For more information about Spread the Warmth please Age Uk's national website. Click here to go to Age UK's Spread the Warmth page.
Alternativly you can contact our Information & Advice team on 01380 735 500 or by emailing them at firstname.lastname@example.org