About Age UK
Age UK is the country's largest charity dedicated to helping everyone make the most of later life. We believe in a world where everyone can love later life and we work every day to achieve this.
We help more than 7m people every year, providing companionship, advice and support for older people who need it most.
Why we’re here
- 2.9 million older people (65+) in Great Britain feel they have no one to turn to for help and support
- 3.9 million older people in the UK agree the television is their main form of company
- Nearly 1.2 million aged 65+ in England have unmet care needs
- Over one third of people aged 60+ are worried about the cost of living
- In low and middle income countries only 1 in 4 older people receive a pension
Age UK’s vision
Age UK's vision is to make the UK a great place to grow older.
We want everyone in later life to:
- Have enough money
- Enjoy life and feel well
- Receive high-quality health and care
- Be comfortable, safe and secure at home
- Feel valued and able to participate
Age UK's work to make the UK a great place to grow older
We work to make the UK a great place to grow older by inspiring, supporting and enabling in a number of ways:
- We provide information and advice
- We deliver and transform health and care services
- We deliver and transform wellbeing services
- We support the Age UK network
- We campaign and research
- We work internationally
Watch our video tour of Age UK showing the things we do below
Our values describe what makes our people 'Age UK People'. They are the qualities and ethos that we expect our staff and volunteers to embrace at all times, both in interactions with other staff, but also with external customers.
- We are respectful - we treat others as they would want to be treated.
- We are inclusive - we work together, we involve and we consult.
- We are positive - We welcome challenges and celebrate achievements.
- We are realistic - We are open and truthful while remaining ambitious.
- We are expert - We strive to be the best at what we do.
- We are solutions-focused - We ensure that what we do makes a real difference.
- We are empowering - We support others to achieve their goals.