Age UK Ashford is a great place to work. Could you bring your skills to our team? See our latest vacancies below.
Working for Age UK Ashford
Age UK Ashford is a local independent charity. We help local older people every year, offering activities, support services, information and advice. It's a great place to work if you really want to make a difference in people's lives.
If there are no current vacancies listed below, please take a look at the other ways you can get involved with us.
Current Vacancies at Age UK Ashford
- Ashford, Kent
- Salary: £10.20 /hour
Age UK Ashford is committed to providing a high standard of services to older people. Our staff and volunteers play an important contribution to that standard. This job description does not cover all the tasks involved in the job. It is therefore essential that any person employed by Age UK Ashford is willing to undertake any reasonable task delegated to them.
LINE MANAGER Personal Independence Programme Manager
Hours 30 per week
To provide one-to-one ongoing emotional support, advice and information to carers of people who are living with dementia or Alzheimer’s Disease and organise social events. To abide by the service principles.
- Contact referred Carer.
- Visit the carer at home if required
- Discuss and arrange with the Carer any specific tasks they require support with.
- Be familiar with the demography, and the full range of services both statutory and voluntary that is available to people living with Dementia and their Carers.
- Work closely with local statutory and voluntary agencies.
- Organise, attend and actively promote social events for both carer and cared for e.g. lunches, crafts, singing.
- Offer welfare rights advice and if required assistance with claims.
- Provide information and if necessary, referral to other agencies.
- Maintain regular contact with the Carers.
- Maintain all records of client contacts, referral records and any statistical information required by the organisation.
- Understand, empathise and be committed to Age UK policies, procedures and the underpinning ethos.
- Be familiar with, and adhere to, strict client and organisational confidentiality.
- Undertake any training required.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Proven numeracy and literacy skills
- Methodical approach
- Ability to prioritise own work.
- Willingness to earn and maintain the trust of those people with whom the organisation deals.
A range of ongoing online training is an essential part of this role.
Opportunity to gain relevant qualifications will be provided
A wide ranging knowledge of Dementia
A wide ranging knowledge of the difficulties family carers face.
Experience of working with Statutory and Voluntary Agencies
The use of a car is essential to this post.
Please click here for an application form to apply. Please return applications to email@example.com
If you would like to contact us, you can call us on 01233 668765 or alternatively, you can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dementia Outreach Coordinator
(Temporary funding up to March 2020) we hope funding will continue after this date.
£10.20 per hour
INTERVIEWS BEING HELD WEDNESDAY 24th JULY 2019
For more details or to apply, please following the link below.
Alternatively call Cleo on 01223 668765