Age UK Ashford is a great place to work. Could you bring your skills to our team? See our latest vacancies below.
Working for Age UK Ashford
Age UK Ashford is a local independent charity. We help local older people every year, offering activities, support services, information and advice. It's a great place to work if you really want to make a difference in people's lives.
If there are no current vacancies listed below, please take a look at the other ways you can get involved with us.
Age Concern (Age UK) Ashford
We are expanding our meal delivery service to include weekends and bank holidays and are therefore looking for a meal delivery driver to cover this period.
POST TITLE: Home Delivery Meal Driver
£8.72 per hour
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Services Manager
To transport and deliver prepared hot meals to elderly people in their own homes using your own car or the company vehicle as instructed, within agreed times, and at the correct temperature.
Mileage will be paid at 35p per mile
- To deliver ready prepared meals direct to clients door within agreed guidelines and regulations accordingly.
- To be polite and courteous to clients on delivery at all times.
- To maintain proper use of equipment provided and report and defects.
- Maintain and report any changes to client details and data records daily with the reception team.
- To deliver invoices and collect payment on request, maintain up to date records regarding finances and meal delivery systems including changes to dietary requirements daily.
- Report any concerns regarding client’s health and wellbeing to your line manager immediately.
- Undertake appropriate and mandatory training when requested to adhere to current standard requirements and legislation.
- Ensure confidentiality of older people using the service, and in all matters relating to the Organisation.
- To report back to the Centre Manager immediately after the last meal is delivered and return meal boxes daily and assist in the centre as instructed.
- To work within Age UK Ashford’s policies and procedures, and demonstrate commitment to the values and ethos of the organisation.
- To undertake any task that is reasonably requested of the management team.
- To use company vehicles when requested.
- Use of your own fully insured road-worthy vehicle. A copy of your insurance certificate with business use and your driving license counterpart will be required (with annual updates).
Personal Skills required
- A basic understanding of the issues affecting older people.
- Ability to communicate sensitively and tactfully with a range of people, including service users, partner organisations, staff and volunteers.
- Ability to organise and prioritise deliveries
- Ability to work on your own initiative.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in record keeping
Key qualities and work strengths
- Honest and trust worthy.
- Positive attitude
- Flexible in approach
- Sensitive and sympathetic.