Gentle exercise such as walking can improve physical, mental and social wellbeing. We run a programme of walks that are aimed particularly at older people.
Are you any of the below?
- Recovering from an illness, fall or accident
- Keen to get fitter
- Suffering with sore joints and muscles
- Limited in your mobility
- Keen to meet other people locally
- Told by your GP to get some regular, gentle exercise
- Enjoy walking but would like to walk with others
- New to walking but willing to give it a try
If so, then we have the right activity for you. Our walks (listed below) are gentle, friendly and welcoming. We do not rush our walkers and we always have trained volunteers who lead the walk and give support where needed. If you would like to join any of these groups please get in touch.
An annual subscription cost of £18 applies to all of our Walking Groups.
The walk programmes vary, so for more information on meeting places, times and routes please call our Active team on 01225 484510 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wednesdays: Short, flat walks, taken at a slower pace,10.20am, meeting at The Pavilion Café in Victoria Park. EXCEPT for the first wednesday of the month. See below.
- First Wednesday of the month from 5 June, 2019, river stroll, meeting at Bus station (train station end) at 10.20am.
- Fourth Wednesday of the month from 22 May, 2019, Batheaston Short Walk, 10am-11am, meeting at Secret Garden, London Road Car Park, BA1 7NB
- Fridays: Approx. 1-1.5 hours 10.20am, meeting at Bath Bus Station (railway end)
- Mondays: Short, flat walks, taken at a slower pace,10.30am. Please call for details of where to meet.
- Wednesdays:Three-mile walks, varied starting times.
- Thursdays: meeting between 9 - 10am, walks vary in length.
- Wednesdays: 1st & 3rd Wednesday of the month, meeting at Midsomer Norton Town Hall at 10am
- Tuesdays: Every other week for 1.5-2 hours, meeting at The Hub in the Precinct at 10am