We are passionate about affirming that your later years can be fulfilling years. Whether you’re enjoying your later life or going through tough times, we’re here to help you make the best of your life.
Taking a few simple precautions to make yourself and your home more secure can help you avoid being targeted and give you peace of mind.
• Keep all windows and doors locked and bolted (where possible) while you’re out.
• When you lock up at night, keep the keys to hand so that you can get out easily if you need to.
• Keep your keys in a safe place and out of sight.
• If you have one, set your burglar alarm every time you go out.
• Cancel milk and regular deliveries before going away.
• Leave some lights on when you go out at night.
• Don’t keep large amounts of cash at home or leave bank statements lying around.
•Never let a stranger into your home unless you’re confident that they are genuine. If in doubt, keep them out.
• Speak to your local Safer Neighbourhood team or Neighbourhood Watch group about any worries.