Volunteer Group Assistant
Twyford Green Task Force and Involve Community Services, with the support of Age UK Berkshire, offer allotment gardening to Twyford and Ruscombe residents. The activity requiring volunteers is:
● Gardening on an allotment at Hurst Road allotments on Thursday mornings (March – Oct 2022, subject to Covid restrictions)
● Assist with the set-up each Thursday morning
● Take part in a pre-session briefing
● Welcome the participants
● Help new people to settle in and help people with the activities where they need it
● Ensure that the participants are comfortable and safe during the session – alerting them to trip hazards, making sure that they are not too hot/cold, etc
● Alert the group leader to any concerns you may have about participants
● Help with refreshments during the session
● Help clear away after the session
● Take part in an after-session briefing
● Adhere to Age UK Berkshire’s policies on Information Governance, Equality and Inclusion, Safeguarding and Health and Safety.
No previous experience is required, but a willingness to help people with mental health difficulties and to participate in training is important to enable you to best help our clients, and to help you get the most satisfaction from volunteering with this service. There will be some active gardening, and carrying of tools, plants and gardening equipment, so you would need to be able to do this.
For further information please download the role description or contact the Coordinator on 0118 959 4242 or email email@example.com