Age UK Berkshire has been supporting people in later life to manage your money in a variety of ways for many years.
One of our most-valued services is “Money Management”, where we can, if you ask us and only with your full permission, we can work with you to manage your finances: your income and your spending.
The service covers:
- Identify any financial problems or other needs that you might have
- Suggest ways that you, we or other organisations can help meet those needs
- Provide help with financial and social issues
- Help you to better manage your financial affairs
- Pay your bills on your behalf, using your own income
- Give you information and advice about benefits, pensions, personal concerns, legal matters, and other associated issues
- Help with a Will, or with Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Help you make decisions about your wellbeing, your quality of life and all your options in later life
How does it work?
We have a team of dedicated and trained volunteers who, together with our employees, visit and support you in your own home or in a care home. There we can assist you in managing your money, making those payments on your behalf by managing your financial accounts, holding your income such as Pension, in our separate and secure 'client account'.
We record all income and payments and can manage all types of finances. We keep you fully informed about your money, about all financial transactions.
We pay all your bills for you, once we've know what those are, and when we've helped you manage those.
In addition, if you need cash from your account, we can supply that as and when you need it. In order to keep the down the costs of the main service, delivery of cash is an add-on at a reasonable additional cost.
How much does it cost?
This depends on the level of support you need, we will agree this with you in advance of setting up the service. In some cases, the local Adult Social Care or Social Services Department will pay for this service for you; you can also choose to pay for it yourself or your family can pay. Please ask us for a quote without obligation for the full service and any add-ons that you think will help you.
Does it cover my area?
This service is available across all of Berkshire: Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead, Bracknell Forest, Wokingham, Reading and West Berkshire.
What do I need to do next?
Give us a call on 0118 959 4242
You can contact Age UK Berkshire on 0118 959 4242 or email firstname.lastname@example.org