We are looking for enthusiastic, outgoing and organised volunteers who are willing to organise or assist in the running of regular activities or help prepare light refreshments in our Befriending cafés
Then after clicking on the link Befriending café support volunteer
What does the role involve?
- Meeting and greeting with visitors and making them feel welcome
- Assisting and joining in with activites
- Making refreshments and having a chat/ engaging with hobbies or interests
- Motivating and encouraging individuals to get involved with activities
What you will get out of it
- It's a great way to make a real difference to someone's life
- You'll be giving something to your community
- You get to be part of Age UK Bexley's volunteer team
What is expected of me?
- A desire to support and encourage older people,
- An enthusiastic and positive outlook
- Lots of enthusiasm
- An ability to advocate for and support the interests of older people using Age UK services