We are looking for volunteers to assist staff in one of our two Day Centres which cater for frail and housebound older people in Bexley.
What does the role involve?
- Greeting clients when they arrive and helping them to settle.
- Assisting staff to ensure clients are comfortable through the day.
- Assisting with various organised activities.
- Making and serving refreshments.
What you will get out of it
- You'll be helping older people to maintain their dignity and independence.
- You'll get to meet new people and establish and develop relationships with clients.
- You'll be part of Age UK Bexley's volunteer team.
- Volunteers tell us they find it worthwhile and rewarding.
What is expected of me?
- You'll need good communication skills and a genuine interest and concern for older people.
- A willingness and ability to work as part of a team.
- You will need to be available when the Day centre opens to greet the clients.
- A reasonable level of fitness.