Would you like to be part of a very popular service which makes a major contribution to the quality of life for older people by ensuring that their homes are safe?
What does the role involve?
- Carrying out small DIY fitting and reparing jobs across the Bexley Borough, in peoples homes.
- Some examples of general D.I.Y tasks include: fixing curtain rails, draft excluders, wall papering and painting, hanging mirrors and pictures.
- We also welcome volunteers who are interested in garden maintenance tasks.
What you will get out of it
- You'll be giving something to your community.
- You'll get to meet new people.
- You'll be part of Age UK Bexley's volunteer team.
- Volunteers tell us they find it worthwhile and rewarding.
What is expected of me?
- You'll need good communication skills and will enjoy providing excellent customer service.
- A basic knowledge and an interest in D.I.Y. and maintenance.
- Ability and willingness to travel across the Bexley Borough.
- You will need to provide your own tools and transport.