Walk Leader (Sandwell)
Published on 17 January 2024 12:02 PM
Sandwell Walk Leader
Location: Community Based (with travel across Sandwell)
Hours: 18 Hours Per Week Salary: £11,512.80 pa + benefits
Contract: Fixed Term to March 2025
Are you passionate about promoting health and well-being in the community? Age UK Birmingham & Sandwell is seeking a dedicated Women’s Walk Leader to join our dynamic team. As a Women’s Walk Leader, you will play a crucial role in developing and implementing a women’s health walk programme aimed at improving the well-being of individuals aged 50 and over.
Key tasks include:
- Developing and organising community-based health walks
- Ensuring new walkers complete health walk questionnaires and maintain accurate participant registers.
- Conducting risk assessments of walking routes, ensuring the safety of participants, and complete necessary documentation.
- Engaging with health professionals to share health messages to participants.
- Supporting and nurturing participants to become volunteer walk leaders, fostering self-led and sustainable walking groups.
How to apply
Send your CV and a covering letter outlining your skills and experience in relation to the Job Description and Person Specification below. Your CV should be no more than two sides and covering letter no more than two sides also.
Applications can be sent to: email@example.com
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Christy Weatherby, by telephone on 0121 437 0033.
Application Deadline: 5th February 2024
Please note - we will be interviewing candidates as they apply, so early applications are recommended.
Age UK Birmingham & Age UK Sandwell are equal opportunities employers and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion.