Purpose of the Ambition for Ageing Group
To inform and shape the development of the Ambition for Ageing Programme
As an Ambition for Ageing Volunteer Ambassador you can become involved in the project in a variety of ways, depending on the time you are able to commit and the skills and experience that you bring to the role.
To support the Ambition for Ageing Development Worker to engage with older people in the three areas and encourage and support their involvement in the project. This role suits anybody that is willing to connect with others in their local communities, and who is passionate about making Bolton an Age Friendly town.
Desirable Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- Experience of being an older person
- Understanding of older people’s needs
- Knowledge of the three identified areas
- Willingness and ability to work as part of a team
- A fair and equal approach to working with people from diverse backgrounds
As a volunteer Ambassador your role will be flexible, and the time you will be required to commit to the project, depends on what specific skills you want to share within your role. You may wish to be an Ambassador who contributes on a regular basis, by promoting and supporting Ambition for Ageing events and community projects for a couple of hours a week, or alternatively you may wish to contribute on a less frequent basis, and find ways to link your Ambassador role in with the work you already do in the community.
You will be carrying out SOME of the tasks below in your role as an Ambassador:
Support the Development Worker to:
- Encourage older to identify what they have to offer their community
- Encourage older people to Identify what is missing in their communities
- Mentor other Ambassadors when required
- Recommend project ideas to the Advisory Group
- Keep on the lookout for local projects that Ambition for Ageing can work in partnership with
- Share knowledge of the skills, groups services and networks available in the area
- Share ideas to make your area more age friendly and build stronger connections between people
- Support events
- Organise ways to help older people find out what is available in their area and keep people informed, for example, via coffee mornings, bulletins, social media.
- Find ways of celebrating successes and feedback lessons learnt from new projects
What can we offer in return?
- Regular meetings to share ideas and make recommendations
- Ongoing support from the Ambition for Ageing team
- The opportunity to make your Age Friendly ideas a reality
- The chance to be part of a dedicated team working on an exciting new project for older people in Bolton
- Reimbursement of expenses
For further information, or for an informal discussion, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Heather on 01204 701525. Alternatively, you can download and complete a Volunteer Application Form and send it to the details above or the address on the form.