This project was set up to create age friendly communities and generate ways to build stronger community connections for people over 50.
Ambition for Ageing is being delivered in partnership between Age UK Bolton, Bolton CVS and Bolton at Home and our work is focussed across the Halliwell, Crompton and Tonge with The Haulgh wards and will be running until 2020. Ambition for Ageing is funded by the Big Lottery Fund and Greater Manchester Centre for Voluntary Organisations (GMCVO).
Since the start of Ambition for Ageing we have been working alongside community members to develop and allocate small investments to projects which aim to build more Age Friendly Communities. We have also build up a strong network of service providers and businesses who currently work with older people to ensure we are working together to get the best outcomes for our older community.
Ambition for Ageing consists of:
- An Advisory Group of Older People - to allocate small investments and to share their knowledge to help shape the program.
- The Bolton Ambition for Ageing Charter - key stakeholders setting out what Being Age Friendly means to Bolton.
- Volunteer Ambassadors to build connections with older people, identify local assets and generate ideas for reducing social isolation.
- Action plans for each area with local people, businesses, commissioners and service providers.
- Small Investments - If you have an idea that would enable more Age Friendly Communities and would like a start-up investment then get in touch with email@example.com to find out more.
- Ambition for Ageing Engagement Network Members - A group of local business, service or group providers who want to work together to build a strong an effective program.
- ‘Age Friendly’ local business training which has been co-designed and is delivered by older people to encourage local businesses to take an Age Friendly approach. To find out if you business can benefit from this training contact Yasmin (see details below).
For more information or get incolved with the Ambition for Ageing Project please call Yasmin on 01204 382411 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org