As a Computer Centre Volunteer you could help an older person in Brighton & Hove get to grips with modern technology.
What is the role?
To provide basic ICT support to older people.
What you will get out of it
- It's a great way to make a real difference to someone's life
- You'll be giving something to your community
- You get to be part of Age UK Brighton & Hove's volunteer team
- Training from Age UK Brighton & Hove
What is expected of me?
Some examples of what you may do are:
- To advise users of the resources and limits of the service offered by the Drop-In Centre.
- To assist and support users in accessing the IT Drop-in Centre according to their level of need and skill.
- To provide AUKBH advice and guidance to users on the use of the Drop-In Centre equipment for internet access, email and MS Office applications.
- To work in collaboration with other ICT user support volunteers as well as AUKBH employees.
- To assist in the maintenance of IT Drop-in Centre, equipment and supplies.
- To undertake own administrative tasks, including training records & rota.
- To be flexible and sensitive with regard to service users needs whilst observing the parameters of the service.
- To undertake any other duties in the IT Drop–In Centre as agreed with the IT Manager.