Our Worth Connecting digital support project works in partnership with other local agencies with the aim to connect people over 55 through the use of technology. Offering people the opportunity to gain basic IT skills such as surfing the internet, sending and receiving emails and communicating via Skype.
Who is Worth Connecting for?
Anyone aged over 55 living in the Bradford District, including Airedale and Wharfedale, who would like to learn how to get online, communicate with family, access services, do some shopping, book a holiday or Skype a friend.
What can Worth Connecting do for you?
Worth Connecting will enable you to:
- Gain IT skills to link up with friends, relatives and services
- Become confident in using email, internet, Skype, Facebook, Twitter etc.
- Benefit from the companionship and experience of a Digital Champion in your own home on a 1:1 basis
- Get out of the house to meet new people through group sessions in various localities across the district
- Improve your wellbeing and independent living
All our home-based clients will receive an initial assessment by a Development Worker, which will then be followed up with a maximum of six weeks support from a DBS-checked, trained and supervised volunteer.
Tailored support for older people where English is not their first language is available, ensuring everyone can access this service.
There is no charge for the support and no equipment is required to get started.
Tablets are available on short term loan. We will provide all the equipment needed to connect to the internet and a fixed amount of data useage.
“It’s lovely being able to keep in touch with family. I can share photos and videos of the great-grandchildren on Facebook and I can also speak to them and see them on Skype.”
Doreen Longden - Beneficiary - Worth Connecting Pilot Project
Customer Service Team
Tel: 01274 391190