Following government advice, Age UK Bristol has suspended all face-to-face appointments and services and are operating over the phone only. We have set up a new Support Hub phone line for older people and their families to cope with the impact of coronavirus [COVID-19] in Bristol. Please visit our Support Hub page for further information.
Whether you are starting from scratch, coming for a refresh, or want to fill in the gaps - come and learn at a pace that suits you
Pat and Traci will be your guides on this low-tech, 2-hour Wednesday morning session, complete with refreshments and a warm welcome. There's no such thing as a stupid question - our iPad courses are for all ability levels!
The main objectives of the course:
- to increase your confidence in using and exploring your device;
- to help you feel more connected with today’s technology;
- to help you make your life more efficient;
- to help you communicate in a variety of ways with those you care about.
- message friends and family;
- send and receive emails (including with attachments);
- take, manage and organise photographs and videos;
- locate places and people;
- find information online;
- set reminders;
- set up special events and birthdays using the calendar;
- set an alarm or timer, and check the time in different countries;
- watch catch-up TV, play the radio, and download games;
- configure the iPad interface to suit your needs;
- take notes and create doodles;
- create sound recordings;
- download apps to do almost anything you could ever want!
Additionally, we always allocate time to answer questions that are specific to you and what you would like to learn. Our friendly volunteer trainers will go over everything in our course material as well as anything extra that you want to learn... all delivered with patience, a smile, and a cuppa!
Each course consists of a 2-hour session a week, for 6 weeks, on Wednesday mornings.
If you would like to book onto our next course get in touch today!
Who's it for
Our iPad courses are open to anyone over 55, of all abilities - whether you're a complete beginner, or would like to improve on existing skills!
Our iPad Courses are held at our central Bristol office on Victoria Street:
Age UK Bristol
38 Victoria Street
Call us on: 0117 929 7537
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
There is usually a waiting list for the courses but we will get you onto a course as soon as possible. If you have any questions about what we do please don't hesitate to call or email us using the details above.