The Jubilee Centre Showcase - Festival of Ageing
Published on 08 May 2018 06:27 PM
We will be holding a Showcase day at the Jubilee Centre on Saturday 7th July 2018 from 11 am to 3 pm.
This will be one of the many activities for the The Festival of Ageing 2018, which will take place across Greater Manchester between the 2nd and 15th July 2018 and will be a celebration of positive and diverse images of ageing.
Our Showcase day will be to promote our activities to general public and celebrate the achievements of our members.
The day will include:
• Taster sessions and demonstrations of Chair-based exercises, keep-fit, Nordic Walking, Tai Chi, strolling, exercise to music and belly dancing;
• Art exhibition by our painting classes;
• Activities aimed at children, such as a bouncy castle and face painting, as we are urging children to “Bring your grandparent along”;
• Display of model boats by our neighbours, the Bury Model Boat Club;
• An Age UK Bury Information and Advice stall with information on Malnutrition, Hydration and information for people living with and beyond cancer;
• Volunteer “meeter and greeters” to actively seek out people new to the Jubilee, offer you a nice cup of tea and explain about the Jubilee centre;
• and our Café will serve food and refreshments.
Our timetable is
- 11.10 Chair based exercises
- 11.45 Belly Dancing
- 12.20 A Tribute to Beryl
- 12.30 Exercise to Music
- 1.00 Short Walks Strollers Group
- 1.15 Nordic Walking
- 1.15 Tai Chi
- 2.00 Sequence Dancing
Our stalls include
- Crompton Halliwell Solicitors with information about writing a will and power of attorny
- Healthy Minds with information about wellbeing
- GM Nutrition and Hydration Programme
- Slimming World
- and many more....