Age UK's vision is for a world where everyone can love later life
We know it’s ambitious, because for many people growing older can bring challenges. But that doesn’t stop us being ourselves. We still want to love, laugh, be needed and keep doing the things that matter to us.
Together, we can create a world where everyone can love later life.
By being a Call in Time befriender you’re helping
Thank you for volunteering as a Call in Time befriender for Age UK. By generously giving up your time, you're making a huge difference to a lonely older person.
Here at Age UK, we're committed to ensuring that all our befrienders get the most out of their experience volunteering for us.
Read more about being a befriender
More about Age UK
We’re very proud of the achievements that will help make our ambitious vision a reality – the achievements of the Age UK network across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, and internationally through Age International.
We have 5 ambitions that shape everything we do, ambitions driven by the priorities that people in later life tell us matter to them – money, well-being, health and care, home and community.
Our 5 Ambitions:
- Everyone in later life has enough money
- Everyone in later life can enjoy life and feel well
- Everyone in later life can receive high quality health and care
- Everyone in later life can feel comfortable, safe and secure at home
- Everyone in later life can participate in their local community
There have been many highlights over the last year – here are just a few :
- Over £160 million benefits into older people’s pockets
- The Age UK network provides information and advice to over 5 million people each year
- Over 24,000 campaigners helped us argue for better care
- Reached 260,000 people through our winter warmth programmes
- Supported volunteering and time donation for around 75,000 of our astonishing volunteers