Intergenerational Community Quilt project
We love to see the Camden community to get involved in this collective patchwork quilt project.
The theme is kindness, which can be interpreted in any way you like. Your patches will be sewn together by a team of volunteers to create two large Camden Community Quilts that will be presented to members of our two Health and Positive Living Hubs on National Older People’s Day.
The finished quilts will be displayed proudly in our Hubs, reminding us of the connections we’ve made and the way the Camden community has so kindly rallied together during the pandemic to support our older neighbours.
Use our patch template. The patch will be a 11” x 11” square with your design inside the 9” x 9” inner square so there is room for us to stich them all together without losing anyone's design.
Create your patch
You do not have to be skilled at patchworking or crafts to take part. Feel free to use sewing, embroidery, applique, knitting, sequins, fabric paint, or anything else, and remember to sign your name!
Top Tips for creating your patch!
- Cut out an 11” x 11” cardboard template (as above) and use this as your guide to ensure patches are all the same size
- We recommend using fabrics of a similar weight e.g. cottons and linens
- We recommend using prewashed fabrics so they are easier to work with
- Don’t be restricted to making just one patch, make as many as you like!
- Notes of kindness, hope and love can be embroidered, appliqued, drawn with fabric pens, knitted or written in sequin – the possibilities are endless, have fun with it!
We can’t wait to see your designs!
Send your square along with details of where/who it has come from to us at the following address:
FAO: Sassaka Amena
Age UK Camden
Henderson Court Hub
102 Fitzjohns Avenue