What does it Involve?
Our Information and Advice team oversee a monthly coffee morning for older people in the borough. The event hosts regular guest speakers and activities within a relaxed, social environment.
The event is usually held on the first Wednesday morning of the month.
As a volunteer you will lead on the planning and hosting of the event, keeping records and liaising with key staff.
What will you get out of it?
- You will be making a difference to quality of life for older people
- You will have an opportunity to develop planning and organising skills
- You will have an opportunity to work on your initiative as well as with others
What is Expected?
- To be available to host the monthly coffee morning
- To help plan visiting speakers and events
- To keep records
- To promote the event to older people.
To find out more, click on the role outline below or email firstname.lastname@example.org