What does the role involve:
The Outreach Service proactively meets and engages with older people out in the community, providing low level support and encouragement to access activities and to connect with peers. One aspect of the service engages with older people in residential settings including sheltered housing and help facilitate social gatherings and activities. We are looking for people to help facilitate a number of activities that have been set up, including a chair based exercise class, coffee and chat and a music quiz
What will you get out of it:
- An opportunity to make a difference to the lives of older people.
- To learn about the issues that impact on older people
- To gain a knowledge and insight of services and support in the borough
What is expected of me:
- To be available for a few hours during weekdays (the majority of activities will be in the late morning or afternoons)
- Help set up the space, encourage attendance and create an open and welcoming space.
To find out more click on the role outline below or email firstname.lastname@example.org