Tailored care to help you live independently at home
We all want to be able to stay in our own homes for as long as possible when we get older, but it can sometimes be hard to do that when household and practical tasks start to seem more difficult. The At Home service, run in partnership with Age UK Kensington and Chelsea, offers care support tailored to your needs to ensure you can remain independent in your home.
Our staff are trained to work with different communities, including older LGBT people and those with dementia, and supported with regular supervisions. The service is registered with the Care Quality Commission.
- Our dedicated team of care assistants are trained to provide a range of support services including personal care, basic foot care, escorting to appointments, shopping, respite care, post hospital discharge care and light housework.Where possible, we aim to ensure that you receive care and support from the same carer on an ongoing basis, and our carers will always visit for at least an hour to ensure we offer a personalised service that meets all your needs.
What is personal care?
Personal care refers to a range of tasks including but not limited to:
- Help with bathing and personal hygiene
- Help getting dressed and personal grooming
- Support moving position to avoid pressure sores
- Help getting in and out of bed
- Incontinence care and catheter/stoma care
- Medication prompting
How much does it cost?
All services cost £18 per hour, with no extra charges for weekends and public holidays.
Who can use the service
You can use the service if you live in:
- Kensington and Chelsea
- Hammersmith and Fulham