Hospital Discharge Care Navigation & Social Prescribing Service
The Discharge from Hospital project takes care of patients who are clinically stable and who need some social support to enhance their recovery at home. The service will be meeting the needs of these patients, as well as helping to take the pressure off the NHS so they can provide their care to those who most need it. Age UK Camden are proud to be working with the NHS and the Council to save lives & improve the quality of life for those who are now safe and on the road to recovery.
The team maintains a large database with current information and offers of support appropriate to vulnerable people 18+. Examples of Services within the care package:
- Wellbeing phone calls – Tele-Friends service
- Food provision including emergency food parcels, hot meals, shopping service
- Prescriptions: delivery/collection
- General amenities: heating check, top-ups etc.
- Social prescribing
- Information and advice including debt, benefits, housing, employment
- Mental health support – telephone counselling/psychotherapy & CBT
Voluntary Action Camden (VAC) are a key partner for this project. They also host the database for activities hosted by community groups including the Covid-19 response.
Referrals accepted via:
- Royal Free Hospital Discharge Team
- UCL Hospital Discharge Team
Service Hours: Monday – Sunday 08.00 – 20.00