Staying independent is important to everyone and there are times during our lives that we could all benefit from free impartial advice and guidance
We can arrange to meet you in your own home to discuss any problems or issues that you may have. Tessa, our Community Support Worker has links to other local services including the Diocese, the Police, local housing authorities, the City Councils and charitable organisations, all services that keep you safe, secure and happy in your own home and local community.
The service can help you to participate in local activities or help you build local networks. Our Community Support Worker can help you make informed choices about your present and future needs or with a variety of issues including help to:
- Increase your awareness of local services
- Remain independent in your own home
- Maintain your links with activities or groups
- Reduce the risk of social isolation or loneliness
- Enhance your sense of wellbeing
- Advise and support you and your family, including information about the benefits you are entitled to
- Give practical advice on how to stay safe and secure in your own home and local community
- Help you to make contact with other services
- Help maintain friendship and relationships that mean the most to you
Research has demonstrated that when we engage in fulfilling activities and keep our minds active, we are less likely to suffer from loneliness and social isolation. The Community Support Service has been supported and funded by Age UK Canterbury, Church of England Diocese, Kent County Council and Dunhill Medical Trust to assist in identifying older persons whose needs are not being met and to assist those in need to build social networks and participate in their chosen activities.
Referrals can be made by anyone and the Community Support Service is available to anyone over 65 years of age and their family members. This service is free, impartial and non-judgemental. It can help people to remain safe, secure and independent in their own homes.
To find out more or arrange a visit please contact Tessa on 01227 462368 or email email@example.com