Age UK Carlisle and Eden is delighted to announce that we are supporting veterans across Carlisle and Eden through our Carlisle and Eden Veteran Support project. Although lockdown has eased, many people are still restricted in going out and feeling more isolated than ever before.
The Carlisle and Eden Veteran Support project provides a range of support services to help veterans with practical matters, and through our befriending service have a friendly person to chat with.
Free support services available to veterans:
- Information and Advice:On a range of issues, including money, housing and care. Expert advisors can assist over the telephone with benefit entitlement claims and also signpost to other organisations as required.
- Volunteer Shopping:For essential items/Prescriptions
- Wellbeing Home Delivery: Books, Newspapers, Jigsaws
- Telephone Support:Sit back with a cuppa and have a chat with one of our support staff.
- Get Online Digital Telephone support: Help with getting online, understanding zoom and other virtual meeting website, social media or advice on your computer or mobile device.
If you or any veteran, including people who served in National Service, you know would benefit from the services we are offering in the Carlisle and Eden Veteran Support Project, please contact us:
01228 536673 (Mon - Fri, 9am - 4.30pm)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the Enquiry form:
The Carlisle and Eden Veteran Support project has been made possible by the support of The Armed Forces Covenant Trust.