Published on 21 March 2020 09:10 PM
The outbreak of the coronavirus has presented challenges to everyone, with the whole country needing to adapt and respond quickly as circumstances change. During this period we will continue to do our very best to support older people in Cheshire and respond to the challenges that the situation presents.
The key areas that we know people will need support with are:
- Practical support (e.g. access to food whilst self-isolating
- Access to information and advice.
- Befriending support to tackle the impacts of self-isolation
To address these needs we will be:
- Launching a new Information and Advice central phone number which will be one single point of access. 01606 881 660
- Creating 'Community Coronavirus Response Teams' to support practical requests for help.
- Continuing to offer excellent information and advice.
- Continuing casework where possible.
- Conducting safe and well checks with all the individuals we are currently working with.
- Expanding our telephone befriending service
- Supporting volunteers and responding to offers from people to volunteer.
- Communicating information from trusted sources
- Co-ordinating between partner organisations.
Our telephone line will be up and running from Monday and will be published on our website and through our social media channels.