(Northwich, Ellesmere Port and rural areas in Cheshire West)
It is often said that time is the greatest gift that you can give, and with that in mind we are on the lookout for individuals and couples who are able to share the gift of time with an older person in their area.
Sharing Time is a face to face and internet based telephone befriending service in Cheshire West which has been set up to reduce social isolation for the over 50’s. The service has been redesigned to focus on Northwich, Ellesmere Port and surrounding rural areas. The service is suitable for clients who are over 50 who feel that they are lonely or isolated and would like regular companionship through a weekly visit or phone call.
Clients and volunteers will be matched and have regular visits or phone calls, Sharing Time aims to be sustainable and create long lasting friendships so once you have been in the service for a while and are satisfied that you will stay in contact we will sign you off from the service allowing you to continue your friendship.
To access the service as a client you will need:
- To be resident in one of the qualifying areas
- To be over 50
- To feel that you are lonely or isolated or that you would benefit from regular contact from one of our volunteers.
- For the internet-based telephone service you will need access to the internet and suitable hardware whether that be a smartphone, tablet, computer or laptop. We can do a home visit offering IT support to help you set up the software, show you how to use it and provide additional support where needed.
- If you would prefer to receive regular phone calls but do not have the internet or a computer/tablet we can refer you to Age UK’s Call in time service for regular calls.
We will match you with an older person who would benefit from having someone come and visit them regularly or call them regularly. It may be that you visit for a chat once a week over a cup of tea, that you go out together for a walk or just call weekly for a chat.
If you decide to volunteer for our new service, we ask is that you can commit to visiting for a minimum of one hour per week or calling once a week. This could be a weekday, an evening or at a weekend.
To volunteer for the service you will need:
- To be 18 or over to register
- To be able to commit to our volunteer induction
- To commit to visiting for a minimum of 1 hour per week or calling once a week.
- If you wish to volunteer for the internet-based telephone service you will need access to the internet and suitable hardware whether that be a smartphone, tablet, computer or laptop.
T: 01606 305034 / 07467 045 482