The project addresses the issues of money management and debt problems facing older people across Cheshire East.
Our Dementia Advisors deal with a wide range of issues, from helping to find practical support to completing benefit claim forms. The aim of the service is to support people to live independently at home for as long as possible and to improve quality of life at every stage of the dementia journey.
Our Dementia Advisors are employed by Age UK Cheshire. They will never call unannounced and will always book an appointment in advance. All members of staff carry identification badges around with them that can be seen at any time.
The Dementia Advisor Service is a free service which works in partnership with the Alzheimer's Society. The service is commissioned by South Cheshire Clinical Commissioning Group.
Our Advisors aim to build up a rapport with clients and their carers and can offer several home visits over the course of time to suit the individual. Some of the services our Home Visitor can offer, include:
- Help to access local services such as private care, befriending services, day/lunch clubs
- Information on a wide range of topics including aids and adaptions, powers of attorney, planning for the future
- Help to apply for disability benefits
- Advice on a range of welfare benefits
- Details on local carer's support services
- Help to seek a diagnosis of dementia
For enquiries, please phone: 01270 219481or email:email@example.com