Celebrating Volunteering - Cornwall Celebrates Volunteering Awards 2019
Published on 15 August 2019 10:53 AM
Volunteer Cornwall are now searching for outstanding volunteers, for 2019's Cornwall Celebrates Volunteering Awards. We want to celebrate Volunteering with Age UK Cornwall & The Isles of Scilly and this year we would like you to nominate as many individuals as possible.
The nominations are now open!
Please do consider saying ‘thank you’ to those volunteers that you manage or work with by nominating them for one of the categories below. If you have the time, please write your nomination ASAP to make sure your entry gets to Volunteer Cornwall by the closing date.
For each nomination, you will need to outline the reasons this person deserves recognition in the category they are being nominated for (preferably in no more than 500 words but please do not worry if you need a few more words to fully represent your volunteer). All the nominations will go forward to a panel that will ‘score’ each one in order to select three finalists.
In your nomination, it is important to include as much information (in 500 words) about the volunteer as possible, including:
- The volunteer role that they do with you, the length of service and what you feel they achieve
- Volunteer roles with other organisations, if applicable
- How much time do they spend volunteering –perhaps compared to time available (do they work or care for someone)
- Have they overcome any difficulties in order to volunteer – such as illness, low confidence, bereavement or isolation?
- Have they been involved with promoting volunteering to others?
- Have they supported, motivated or mentored others to volunteer?
- Have they taken on additional responsibilities and/or roles?
- What do you class as their biggest achievements or successes – whether personal such as achieving a qualification or project targeted such as raising money or hosting an event or giving support to others
- What difference have they made to your organisation or to others?
Nominations close on 31st August and a ceremony will be held on the 21st November, at the Eden Project, where the winners will be revealed and the awards presented.
The categories this year are:
- The Jane Virot Animal Welfare Award (sponsored by National Animal Welfare Trust)
- Children & Schools (sponsored by Cornwall Council)
- Community (sponsored by Cornwall Council)
- Cultural (sponsored by Cornwall Council)
- Environmental (sponsored by Cornwall Wildlife Trust)
- Fundraising & Support (sponsored by Cornwall Council)
- Good Neighbours (sponsored by Cornwall Council)
- Health & Care (sponsored by Duchy Health Charity)
- Personal Development (sponsored by Truro & Penwith College)
- Young Volunteer (sponsored by Cornwall College)
- The host of the Year (sponsored by Healthy Cornwall)
How to Nominate:
Using the links below you can either complete the nomination forms online or download them and send them into us (email to MaryB@volunteercornwall.org.uk or post to CCV, Volunteer Cornwall, Acorn House, Heron Way, Truro, TR1 2XN)
Online Nomination Forms:
The easiest way to nominate is to fill out the online nomination form on the Volunteer Cornwall website. To open the forms please use the links below (ctrl&click):
If you would prefer to open a printable PDF version of the forms or to save a copy to your computer, please use the links below:
If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org but please note the judges' decisions are final and we cannot enter into correspondence about individual nominations. Everyone nominated will receive a commemorative certificate at the end of the year. Good luck everyone!