Age UK Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly are looking for enthusiastic individuals, to join our welcoming Active Living team and support us with General Office Administration, on a volunteer basis.
Active Living Support enhances and enriches the lives of older people. It does this by offering a high-quality service that is tailored to a person's needs. We offer this service across Cornwall and from the comfort of their own home and/or within the local community. Our services include aspects of care bubbles, home support, shopping, gardening, social activities, companionship, and administration.
This role is perfect for:
- Make new friends and engage with a friendly team
- Those with a desire to help their local community and make more connections.
- For someone who believes passionately in our mission “working to improve wellbeing in later life” and wants to make a difference in the local community.
- Individuals wanting to gain skills transferrable to employment
- Students looking to boost their educational or professional portfolios
You will be a key part in ensuring our Active Living Support service runs smoothly and to aid excellent customer service and sustainable delivery.
- Support in typing letters
- Send out Rota’s by post and email
- Preparing post
- Make up Active Living Assessment packs
- New starter packs
- Print and distribute Marketing Materials
- Prepare PPE Packs to be sent to Active Living Assistants
Personal qualities most suited to this role:
- Proven track record of good work (educational and/or professional accepted).
- Team player with good communication skills.
- Great interpersonal skills to work in teams when necessary.
- Able to respect and maintain confidentiality.
- An understanding of safeguarding (training will be provided).
- Confident use of IT, especially Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of using outlook would be an advantage, (although training will be provided)
- Positive, can-do attitude with the willingness to undertake a variety of tasks.
- Organised and reliable
- Able to show initiative and work unsupervised when required.
Expenses and Insurance
- Age UK Cornwall & IOS cover reasonable, out-of-pocket expenses (e.g. travel costs to distribute PPE) up to a 15-mile round trip.
- Age UK Cornwall & IOS will not be responsible for the costs of your equipment or equipment insurance.
- Age UK Cornwall & IOS insure you for the time you are volunteering with us.
- Health & Safety
- GDPR (data protection) and Confidentiality
- Lone Working
Training Specific to the Role
- Specific GDPR (data protection) and confidentiality considerations in relation to briefs set.
- Active Living Induction
- Training on using Outlook
- Business Support Administrator Lead
- Active Living Support & Development Lead
- Volunteer Officer
If you are interested in volunteering for Age UK Cornwall's Active Living Support Service, please call Rebecca Kevern on - 01872 266383 or email: email@example.com