Age UK Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly are looking for enthusiastic individuals, to join our vibrant Active Living team and support us with customers review and feedback, on a volunteer basis.
Active Living Support enhances and enriches the lives of older people. It does this by offering a high-quality service that is tailored to a person's needs. We offer this service across Cornwall and from the comfort of their own home and/or within the local community. Our services include aspects of care bubbles, home support, shopping, gardening, social activities, companionship, and administration.
This role is perfect for:
- Students looking to boost their educational or professional portfolios
- Individuals wanting to gain skills transferrable to employment
- Those with a desire to help their local community and make more connections.
- For someone who believes passionately in our mission “working to improve wellbeing in later life” and wants to make a difference in the local community.
Supporting the Business Support Administration team to carry out reviews of the service, to ensure excellent customer service is being provided.
- Phoning Clients
- Carrying out a review of the service they receive
- Inputting and Uploading Data to client records
- Supporting the Admin team in allocating reviews for a home visit
- Sending Information securely to the person carrying out the home visit
- Receiving review back securely and attaching to the client record
- Reporting any concerns raised from the phone review or Home visit to the relevant team
- Sending feedback from the reviews to the Active Living team
Personal qualities most suited to this role:
- Proven track record of excellent work (educational and/or professional accepted).
- Team player with good communication skills.
- Great interpersonal skills to work in teams when necessary.
- Able to respect and maintain confidentiality.
- Polite phone manner
- Excellent Communication and Listening Skills
- An understanding of safeguarding (training will be provided).
- Confidence in using computers, especially Microsoft Word
- Willing to learn how to use our charity database and other computer programmes (training will be given)
- Knowledge of using outlook would be an advantage, (although training will be provided)
- Positive, can-do attitude with a willingness to undertake a variety of tasks.
- Organised, reliable and flexible.
- Able to show initiative and work unsupervised when required.
Expenses and Insurances
- Age UK Cornwall & IOS cover reasonable, out-of-pocket expenses (e.g. travel costs to distribute PPE) up to a 15-mile round trip.
- Age UK Cornwall & IOS will not be responsible for the costs of your equipment or equipment insurance.
- Age UK Cornwall & IOS insure you for the time you are volunteering with us.
- Health & Safety
- GDPR (data protection) and Confidentiality
- Lone Working
Training Specific to this Role
- Specific GDPR (data protection) and confidentiality considerations in relation to briefs set.
- Active Living Induction
- Holistic Assessment overview training
- Training on using Outlook
- Training on using the various computer programmes required
- Business Support Administrator Lead
- Active Living Support & Development Lead
- Volunteer Officer
Find out more
If you are interested in volunteering for Age UK Cornwall's Active Living Support Service, please call Rebecca Kevern on - 01872 266383 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to find out more, please call Rebecca Kevern on - 01872 266383 or email: email@example.com