What is the Echo Spot project?
Do you find accessing online resources via a computer difficult or frustrating? Would you like to try something new?
We are excited to find out whether the Amazon Echo Spot could help improve independence and reduce isolation for older people across Cornwall. We are looking for 32 people who would like to help us trial this new technology. We will:
- Provide you with a new device to be used in the comfort of your own home.
- Help you with installation & set-up
- Keep in touch using our Digital Health Champions
- Help you take advantage of the full range of functions
- Get feedback on how the devices could be improved and more suited to local people.
About the Role
Echo Spot devices can oﬀer a new form of connection and independence for everyone.
We are looking for inspired volunteers who can help us deliver and set-up these devices for individuals in Cornwall, giving older people in the county the chance to test this technology for themselves.
If you can give even 1-2 hours a week, we want to hear from you, please contact our Helpline on 01872 266383
Any travel expenses will be covered.
Full training is provided
DBS & references are required for all our Volunteer roles
This role could be perfect if you:
- Have a few hours or more to dedicate to making a real difference in the community.
- Enjoy meeting new people, are confident and outgoing and like helping others
- Are motivated, caring and committed to a great cause
- Would like to develop a local community or part of Cornwall that is close to your heart.
- Have organisational, communication & planning skills.
Find out more
If you are interested in volunteering for our Digital projects, please call our Helpline on - 01872 266383 or email email@example.com
You can apply online by clicking this link or contacting our Helpline on 01872 266383 - or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org