Our intergenerational programme brings together older and younger people with amazing results. We challenge the stereotypes that may exist resulting in a positive exchange of skills, experiences and friendship. Age UK County Durham leads the County Durham Intergenerational Network which brings practitioners together to share good practice and celebrate what can be achieved.
By promoting intergenerational working we
- encourage social inclusion and reduce isolation
- deliver workshops and training that brings older and younger people together
- hold events that are planned and delivered by the local community
- share skills between generations so that both older and younger people learn from each other
- distribute an intergenerational newsletter
As a leading intergenerational service provider, we promote good practice through our workshops, conferences and newsletter. We work with other agencies to help them get the most out of intergenerational working.
For further information contact us
t 0191 374 6561