Call us on 024 76 258 228
for help with the little things that make a big difference.
There’s no need to worry if those everyday chores have become a bit more difficult, as we’re here to offer some help at home.
Helping Hand at Home from Age UK is a flexible service, working around your needs and providing as much or as little help you need – whether it’s a couple of hours to help with light gardening, or a little longer to accompany you to a medical appointment.
It's ideal for anyone who just needs a little extra help to get out and about or an extra hand around the house to make life easier.
Our friendly, caring and trustworthy home assistants are DBS and reference checked and can help with:
- general cleaning, such as vacuuming carpets, dusting, cleaning the bathroom or the kitchen, and changing bedding
- helping you to get out and about, either on public transport or in the home assistant’s car
- accompanying you to wherever you want to go, such as the post office, shops, GP surgery, hospital, dentist or garden centre
- laundry and ironing, including helping you to wash your clothes in the washing machine or hand-wash small items
- shopping for you or with you
- light gardening, such as mowing the lawn or weeding
- reading and writing letters
- paying bills
- walking your dog
- collecting your pension
- reading a book or newspaper to you
- enjoying a cup of tea and a chat with you, and maybe a game of cards
How much does it cost?
We charge £16.00 an hour to cover the cost of providing a reliable and good quality service.
With your consent, we will initiate a free check to see if you are getting all the state financial benefits to which you may be entitled.
What else do I need to know?
The Helping Hand at Home Service operates between 9.00am and 4.30pm, Mondays to Fridays.
Appointments are a minimum of 1 hour and can be regular appointments (weekly or fortnightly) or just as and when required.
This service is for people aged 50 and over, and you will need to be at home when the home assistant visits. It does not undertake any personal care, such as helping you to dress, go to the toilet or assist with your medication.
Please phone us on 024 76 258 228
(office hours Monday to Friday 9.30 to 4.30)
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What people say
'My home assistant is brilliant! We have a good chat while she does the cleaning and takes me shopping. Nothing is too much trouble for her. It is well worth the money and they helped me to claim extra benefits too!'