As a friendship group leader you will provide company for lonely older people in Coventry, through regular social meetings.
What do Friendship Group Leaders do?
Friendship group leader help with the running of a friendship group in Coventry. Groups meet either weekly, fortnightly, or monthly in a variety of locations. This usually involves a commitment of around an hour to 3 hours per week, over a long period of time. Volunteers will also need to attend a short training session and provide references.
What you will get out of it
- It's a great way to make a real difference to someone's life
- You'll be giving something to your community
- Volunteers tell us they find volunteering really rewarding
What is expected of me?
- To lead friendship groups.
- To provide a friendly face, helping hand and establish, maintain and develop relationships.
- To assist other volunteers in preparing the venue for the duration of the event and leaving it clean, tidy and orderly at the completion of the event.