Salary: £39,000 - £40,000 per annum
35 hours per week Permanent
The Commercial Director is a new and exciting opportunity to join the senior management team. The Commercial Director would be responsible for maximising the income-generating potential of the organisation, transforming existing trading activities into sustainable social businesses. There will be opportunities to start new services, scale up existing activities and even merge with other successful businesses.
- have responsibility for our trading activities, which currently includes our Community Hub and Help at Home service
- lead on one of three ambitious strategic objectives for Age UK Croydon, which is to ensure that our unrestricted income keeps up with the pace of growth.
- Profits raised will be used to fund much needed Dementia support services and Befriending services for older people in Croydon and other services which we identify as necessary in future.
Generating unrestricted revenue through trading activities will allow Age UK Croydon to be master of our own destiny, giving us control over the services we provide. This is important to us because it will mean less reliance on grant funding, which is often short-term, uncertain, and can drive a focus on outputs rather than outcomes. It is also out of our control and can mean that funders shape services and priorities, rather than service users. By building up reserves which are free for us to use, we can keep our clients at the heart of our service-delivery and what we do in the future.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for someone full of ideas and energy to explore new opportunities and drive our trading directorate to success. You will:
- have demonstrable entrepreneurial flair and commercial acumen, coupled with a passion for charity and social enterprise
- be an inspiring leader, able to motivate people around you to meet targets
- be experienced in generating unrestricted revenue
- be tenacious, allowing you to create sustainable social businesses
This role will require a Basic Disclosure and Barring Service Check. For further information or a full application pack, please email: email@example.com quoting the job title. Large print application form is also available.
Completed application forms should be signed and emailed, to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and job role in the subject title of the email. Completed signed applications can be returned to 81 Brigstock Road CR7 7JH for the attention of the Executive Assistant. CV’s will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: 4pm Monday 29th July 2019
Interview Date: Week commencing 5th August 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
Age UK Croydon is an equal opportunities employer and any discrimination or harassment on the grounds of colour, sex, race, nationality, religion, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, domestic circumstances, trade union membership/non-membership, or age will not be tolerated