Age UK Croydon is an independent charity, whose vision is to promote independence and choice for all borough residents, but especially those in later life by supporting them, ensuring their voices are heard, their beliefs upheld, their views respected and their needs met. Volunteers at Age UK Croydon are valued, trusted and supported in their development and training, whilst getting the chance to make a difference to people’s lives every day.
We are seeking an outstanding and proactive volunteer with an understanding and interest in the needs of older people to assist our Development Services Manager.
- To support the Development Services Manager to plan, promote, organise, set up/down and manage the day to day running of activity and events held at Brigstock Road that are offered to people over 50 living and working in the Borough of Croydon.
- Support the organising and delivering of events.
- Deal with clients enquiries
- Promote Age UK Croydon Activities
- Attending relevant meeting and training sessions as required
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Experience of working alone as well as being an excellent team player
- Experience of maintaining financial records
- Non judgmental approach
In return, Age UK Croydon offers an extensive training program and will reimburse travel and out of pocket expenses. This role provides a great opportunity to gain valuable work experience and have a better understanding of working with vulnerable and older people. Working hours are negotiable Monday to Friday. We expect volunteers to commit to at least one term of work.
All appointments will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check and a three months trial period. For more information on how to apply, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 3701 3264.