Age UK Croydon is an independent charity, whose vision is to promote independence and choice for all borough residents, but especially those in later life by supporting them, ensuring their voices are heard, their beliefs upheld, their views respected and their needs met. Volunteers at Age UK Croydon are valued, trusted and supported in their development and training, whilst getting the chance to make a difference to people’s lives every day.
We are seeking an outgoing and proactive volunteer with an understanding and interest in the needs of older people to help us in reception providing general information to our clients and supporting the staff members with ad hoc office administrative tasks.
- To deliver friendly, efficient customer service and to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all of our clients
- To support staff members with administration and database maintaining
- Customer service
- Handling general customers enquiries both face to face and over the phone
- General office duties including photocopying and filing
- Database input
- Attending relevant meeting and training sessions as required
- Intermediate I.T. skills (including Microsoft Word for Windows, Excel and outlook)
- Good telephone manner
- Customer oriented attitude
- Non judgmental approach
In return, Age UK Croydon offers an extensive training program and will reimburse travel and out of pocket expenses. This role provides a great opportunity to gain valuable work experience and have a better understanding of working with vulnerable and older people. Working hours are negotiable Monday to Friday . Sessions time are 9.30am - 1.30pm and/or 2.00pm—4.30pm. Commitment required is at least 2 sessions per week or one full day. We expect volunteers to commit to at least one term of work.
All appointments will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check and a three months trial period. For more information on how to apply, you can contact email@example.com or call 020 3701 3264.