Age UK Croydon offers a Home from Hospital and Reablement Service.
The service is available to people living in the Borough of Croydon who have recently been in hospital, and are aged 50 or over (but exceptions can be made where there is clearly a defined need). There are two main elements to this project.
Home from Hospital
The Home from Hospital Service offers practical help and support at discharge.
- Help to access help at home
- Help to access care services
- Help to access benefits
- Help with paperwork
- Help to access transport services
- Support with medical appointments
- Help to access housing
- Setting goals
- Building confidence
- Encouraging independence
The reablement service aims to help clients to set Individual goals, tailored to their needs and wishes.
Examples may include:
- Helping to develop, practice and maintain a routine for carrying out domestic chores
- Improving indoor and outdoor mobility
- Helping to gain the confidence to shop independently
- Helping to access transport (buses, trains, taxis etc) and practising using them
- Practising safe and hygienic meal preparation
- Encouraging general well-being and motivation through befriending
- Building confidence to start or restart a hobby, local activity or community interest
- Helping clients explore further options available to them (if required)
For more information, please contact Advice Services Croydon by emailing Reablement or calling our Helpline on: 020 8686 0066.
This is not a cleaning and/or shopping service, but if a client wants to become more independent and sets as one of their goals that they want to be able to do their own cleaning and/or shopping we would support them.
For more about local cleaning and shopping services please see our Help at Home Page.
Client referral form
For use by those who wish to refer a client to our service. Please download and return to us by email.