Our handyperson service can provide assistance with a variety of home maintenance tasks, including but not limited to:
- Changing light bulbs
- Fitting draught proofing
- Replacing a sink plug
- Putting up pictures
- Taking down/rehanging curtains.
- Painting and decorating
- Putting up/repairing shelves
- Fixing curtain tracks/rails
- Fence repairs
- Fixing garden gates and catches
- Fitting extra hand rails to stairs
- Fitting grab rails around toilets, baths/showers
- Assembling flatpack furniture
How much does it cost?
The service costs £25 for the first hour (minimum one hour) and £22 for each additional hour.
What's not covered?
Currently, Age UK Croydon Handy Person Services is unable to undertake jobs such as replacement windows, roofing, electrical and gas work, and plumbing work.
We have recently teamed up with Age UK London in providing a business directory of reliable and trusted traders, who have all been through the vetting process to ensure they are professional, reliable and have all the correct qualifications. See below for more details.
For further information about all our Handy Person Services, contact the Home Services Team:
Telephone: 020 8683 7120
Fax: 020 8683 0571
Age UK London's new Business Directory
We have teamed up with Age UK London to provide a directory of trusted tradespersons. There are three ways to find out more:
1. Online through the following link: http://www.aubdlondon.co.uk/
2. Through the dedicated helpline number 0800 334 5056 (Mon-Fri 09.30 – 16.30)
3. We also have leaflets - contact Home Services on 020 8683 7120