This service covers a variety of jobs, both large and small, including:
- changing light bulbs
- changing a fuse in a plug
- wiring/rewiring plugs on appliances
- fitting draught proofing
- replacing a sink plug
- putting up pictures
- unblocking sinks and basins
- taking down/rehanging curtains.
- painting and decorating
- putting up/repairing shelves
- fixing curtain tracks/rails
- replacing tap washers
- changing ball valve washers in toilets
- fence repairs
- fixing garden gates and catches
- fitting extra hand rails to stairs
- footpath repairs to prevent trip hazards
- fitting grab rails around toilets, baths/showers
- fitting smoke alarms.
How much does it cost?
The service costs £25 for the first hour (minimum one hour) and £22 for each additional hour.
What's not covered?
Currently, Age UK Croydon Handy Person Services is unable to undertake jobs such as replacement windows, roofing, electrical and gas work, and some plumbing work.
We do however, have a Trades Persons Register which is a list of local traders who may be able to carry out some of the above jobs for you. We have taken up references and carried out a enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
For further information about all our Handy Person Services, contact the Home Services Team:
Telephone: 020 8683 7120
Fax: 020 8683 0571