Shoe box appeal
Age Cymru is appealing to the public to fill a wrapped shoe box with items such as those suggested below, in our aim to help make Christmas a special time for older people living within care homes.
In line with our ethos ‘No one should have no one to turn to’, and many of these care home residents having no close family to visit over the festive period, we hope that having a gift to open may make a huge difference.
How you can help
- Find a shoe box - Wrap the box and lid separately in Christmas paper, or you can use a festive pre-printed box.
- Attach a label marking whether your gift is for a male, female or generic.
- Fill with gifts – see our suggestions below
- Personalise – we believe it would be a lovely touch if you could include a handwritten Christmas card or letter, and you could attach a photograph of you and your family if you so wish.
Delivery of shoe boxes
Drop off your gift box – please do not seal your gift box but place a rubber band around the closed box. You are now ready to deliver your gift box to our team at Age Cymru, Ground Floor, Mariners House, East Moors Road, Cardiff CF24 5TD.
Alternatively, we have a number of local Age Cymru partners across Wales who would be more than willing to accept your shoe boxes. Use our directory below to find an office near you.
Please ensure you deliver your boxes to us by Wednesday 19 December.
Suggestions to include:
- Gloves / Scarves / Hat / Socks / Tights
- Hankies / Tissues
- Travel size games e.g. Scrabble / Draughts
- Jigsaw / Dominoes / Playing Cards
- Puzzle Books
- Pens / Writing Sets / Notebook
- Photo Frame / Photo Album
- Diary / Calendar
- Brush / Comb and Mirror
- Nail Clippers / Nail Brush / Small Scissors
- Craft Set / Items / Sewing Kit
- Windup Torch / Radio
- Soap / Toothbrush / Toothpaste
- Lotions / Shampoo / Shower Gel
- Treats / Sweets / Chocolates / Biscuits
- Sensory Items
- A Special Christmas Decoration
Please don’t add any second hand / used items, or alcohol to your gift box.
Why not download our poster and display them in your office, shop, day centre etc.
If you require any further information then please contact Sarah Lord on 029 2043 1555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org