Care Home Volunteer - pilot project
This Welsh Government funded pilot project aims to make a real difference by bringing together residents and their family or friends.
We're currently working with seven care homes to discover if the role of a ‘Meet and Greet Volunteer’ will help to support families and visitors to see care home residents while there are restrictions due to Covid-19.
The role will involve:
- Welcoming visitors
- Showing them where to hand sanitise, go for a Covid test, and find the appropriate PPE
- Showing them to the designated visiting area
- Being available to visitors as a communication link with the care home manager/senior staff if required.
Which care homes are involved in this pilot project?
- Hengoed Park and Hengoed Court - Swansea
- Glan Rhos – Anglesey
- Ysguborwen – Aberdare
- Capel Grange – Newport
- St Nicholas – Montgomery, Powys
- Plas Bryn Rhosyn – Neath
- Sunrise – Cardiff
We're keen to attract volunteers who can dedicate one or more sessions per week depending on availability.
Full training and ongoing support provided. Subject to regular lateral flow testing as required.
You can download the role profile from below. For further information or to register your interest please send us an email
Please download the role description and FAQs