Care Home Visiting Support Volunteer
An exciting new role, designed to make a real difference by bringing together residents and their family or friends.
We need your support to facilitate indoor visiting, which will have a positive impact on the health and wellbeing of residents and their loved ones.
What would I be doing as a care home visiting support volunteer?
- Supporting the Care Home with arrangements to facilitate visiting
- Welcoming visitors on the day, ensuring use of distancing, masks and sanitiser as appropriate
- Escorting visitors to and from visiting areas.
- Other activities that support smooth and safe visiting.
Which care homes are involved in this pilot project?
- Hengoed Park and Hengoed Court - Swansea
- Glan Rhos – Anglesey
- Ysguborwen – Aberdare
- Capel Grange – Newport
- St Nicholas – Montgomery, Powys
- Plas Bryn Rhosyn – Neath
- Sunrise – Cardiff
We're keen to attract volunteers who can dedicate one or more sessions per week depending on availability.
Full training and ongoing support provided. Subject to regular lateral flow testing as required.
You can download the role profile from below. For further information or to register your interest please send us an email
Please download the role description and FAQs