Volunteering role: Nordic Walking Instructor and Tai Chi Instructor
Why did you want to volunteer with Age Cymru?
To help the well being of older people and to promote the work the Age Cymru does to improve the lives of older people.
What difference to your life has volunteering made to you?
- It has enhanced my own wellbeing
- Learnt new skills as a Nordic Walking Instructor and a Tai Chi Instructor.
- Made new friends.
What do you enjoy most about your volunteering experience?
- Bringing a smile to people’s faces.
- Watching people learn new skills and mapping their improvements in that skill.
- Watching people make new friends
What would you say to someone who is thinking of becoming involved with volunteering?
- Don’t think just do it
- You will get plenty of support and encouragement
- You will be a better person by helping others.