Caerphilly Housing Support Service
- Location: Age Cymru Gwent
- Price: Free
Caerphilly Housing Support Service is a housing-related support service for people aged 50+ living within the Caerphilly Borough.
The team provide advice and person centred support plans to reduce the following:
- Incidences of tenancy breakdown and/or individuals losing their homes
- Crisis intervention for potential evictions or repossessions
- Risk or mortgage/rent arrears and utility debt
- Levels of homelessness
- Use of inappropriate accommodation
- Financial issues
The aim of the service is to enable vulnerable people to remain in a more independent living situation through the provision of support.
The team delivers housing-related support to promote the following:
- Independent living within that individuals chosen environment
- Access to suitable and appropriate accommodation and obtaining aids and adaptations if required
- Life skills including self-confidence and self-esteem to help you independently maintain your own home
- Access to emergency and planned health care and health care professionals
- Financial self-management including budgeting skills and income maximisation
- Contact with family and friends to develop social inclusion and community cohesion
- Access to community based services and agencies
The service is delivered in partnership between Supporting People (Caerphilly County Borough Council) and Age Cymru Gwent and is free of charge. The service operates Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm whilst allowing for flexibility to meet individual needs. All staff are employed by Age Cymru Gwent and are trained and experienced Housing Support Workers providing independent and impartial support.