Cookies are tiny software files that are stored on a computer or mobile device when an individual visits a website. Cookies allow websites to recognise that a user on an individual computer has previously visited the site. The cookies save some information about that user for when they access the site again in the future. You can find out what cookies the Age Cymru Gwent website use in the table below.
For more information about the different types of cookie, visit the About Cookies website.
||This functional cookie remembers the individual's colour and location preferences so that next time they use the site these are displayed rather than the sites default settings.
||When you access this website a cookie is generated with a unique session ID. This cookie will expire when the browser is closed.
||This cookie enables Age UK's Intellitracker software that helps us analyse information such as visitor numbers and browser usage so we can continue to improve your experience of our website.
||The information in this cookie is used to track the activities of individuals who have visited this site via third-party websites.
|__utma / __utmb / __utmc / __utmz
||Age UK uses a tool called Google Analytics to give us statistical data on the performance of our website. These cookies are placed by Google Analytics.
Age Cymru Gwent Group is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and security. Whenever you provide us with your personal information via our website “Site(s)”, we will treat that information in accordance with this policy, our terms and conditions and current UK Data Protection legislation. By using the Site and any services we offer via our Site, you are agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. This policy may change from time to time, so please check this page periodically.
Age Cymru Gwent Age Cymru Gwent is a registered charity number 701834. The registered address is 12 Baneswell Road, Newport, NP20 4BP.
The Age Cymru Gwent Group would like to keep in touch with you to let you know about the vital work we do for older people, our products and services. By submitting your email, address and phone number(s) on our Site, you are agreeing to being contacted in these ways by Age Cymru Gwent and its group of companies. You can unsubscribe from these communications at any time.
If you do not wish to continue receiving information from us or carefully selected third parties please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us at 01633 240190.
Occasionally, we may share your data with other organisations that we work with. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to share your data with any third party. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking (or not ticking where applicable) certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise your right to ask us to stop processing your data in this way at any time by contacting us at 01633 240190.
Age Cymru Gwent and a number of its trading and associated companies are registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner. Age Cymru Gwent is the Data Controller for the purposes of collecting your information on our Site(s).
1. What personal information is collected from you When you visit the Site we collect various personal information which may include your name, address, contact details, IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when. If you make a donation online or purchase a product from us, your card information is collected by our partner organisation but is not held by us. If you supply such information we are legally bound by the Data Protection Act 1998.
2. How your information is used We may use this information in the following ways :
•Process orders submitted by you;
•to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us;
•verify your identity;
•seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
•notify you of changes to our services;
•improve our services or marketing purposes;
•send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about campaigns, appeals, other fundraising activities, promotions of our associated companies goods and services.
3. Who has access to your information We are committed to protecting the personal data of our supporters, customers and members. Any details you give us will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Age Cymru Gwent (including its associated and subsidiary company[ies]) is the sole owner of the information collected on this Site. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to third parties, unless we have your explicit permission to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime. Where you have given us permission we may contact you about other services and products or pass your details to similar organisations.
4. How you can access, update or delete your information The accuracy of your information is important to us. We are working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that we hold about you. In the meantime, if you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us here, or write to us at 12 Baneswell Road, Newport, NP20 4BP. You have the right to ask for a copy of the information Age Cymru Gwent holds about you (we may charge £10 for information requests) to cover our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. If you do not want to continue receiving information by email from us, please follow the instructions at the bottom of the email, which will tell you how to contact us to unsubscribe.
5. Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it is treated securely. Any sensitive information (such as credit or debit card details) is encrypted and protected with the following software 128 Bit encryption on SSL. When you are on a secure page, a lock icon will appear on the bottom of web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer. Non-sensitive details (your email address etc) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Age Cymru Gwent Group cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
6. Stipulations regarding use of the discussion boards Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the Site including, but not limited to, any data, questions, comments, suggestions, reviews, or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information. When entering the discussion forum, you agree not to publish, post, disseminate distribute or otherwise transmit any defamatory, offensive, infringing, indecent or otherwise unlawful or objectionable material or information. Age Cymru Gwent Group will not be responsible for the posting by any user of any defamatory, obscene or otherwise unlawful material. Age Cymru Gwent Group has the right to remove any material or posting you make on this Site at its discretion.
8. 16 or Under If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to the Site. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
9. Contact us If at any time you would like to contact us with your views about our privacy practices, or with any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by sending an e-mail to us at email@example.com or telephone us at 01633 240190.