Grants available for groups celebrating creativity in older age
Published on 11 October 2018 11:45 AM
Grants of up to £500 are being made available to help community groups and organisations take part in Gwanwyn – the Wales wide festival celebrating creativity in older age throughout May 2019.
Gwanwyn, which is run by Age Cymru, is this year focusing on projects that adopt an innovative approach to encouraging older people to take part in arts and creative activity. Applicants therefore, need to think about ways in which their groups can offer something unusual, new or challenging.
Groups are asked only to apply for the sum of money that is absolutely necessary for their activity. Simply put; if you only need £250 to run an event please apply for £250 and not the full amount. This will enable the Festival to maximise the number of groups it supports.
If you are planning an event that requires more support than the community grant scheme offers, please contact Gwanwyn to explore other potential sources of support. Similarly, if you are planning an event and do not need financial support you can still let Gwanwyn know as your project may still benefit from being associated with Gwanwyn and in particular its listings service.
To apply for funding complete the online application form. Deadline for submission is the 7 December 2018.
Notes to Editors
The Gwanwyn Festival is run by Age Cymru with financial support from the Arts Council of Wales and the Welsh Government.
Photographs show previous successful applicants for Gwanwyn grants
1. Age Cymru is the national charity for older people in Wales.
2. We are the force combining Age Concern Cymru and Help the Aged in Wales.
3. We work with local Age Cymru Partners across Wales to improve life for older people.
4. Age Cymru is a registered charity 1128436.
5. Company limited by guarantee and registered by in England and Wales 6837284.
6. Age Cymru is funded by donations from the public, corporate partners, our trading enterprises and the Welsh Government.