Activity Co-ordinator drop-in sessions
Age Cymru will be hosting fortnightly Activity Coordinator virtual drop-in sessions available to all care homes.
These sessions have been designed to build a network of Activity Coordinators who come together to share ideas, good practice, and supportive relationships.
The one and a half hour sessions will include:
- Discussions on what makes a good activity and how to involve residents in the design and planning of activities
- A time for reflection and peer support
- Sharing examples of group and one to one activities
- Supporting each other to raise the profile of activities so they become part of daily life and valued by the whole staff team
- Sharing ideas for resources and helpful contacts/organisations
- Time to talk about what activities work well for people living with multiple heath conditions including dementia
- Considering the value of care home volunteers and community engagement to support their work
- Guest speakers.
Age Cymru will:
- Facilitate the meetings using appreciative inquiry
- Link with CIW to establish a mutual understanding of care home activities
- Link with other organisations who can offer creative opportunities to care homes
- Grow the network by promoting the sessions on our website, social media and through other care sector contacts such as: Care Forum Wales
- Work with Social Care Wales to ensure the sessions count towards CPD.
Activity Coordinators will be:
- Empowered to design, plan and lead activities that are meaningful for the people they care for
- Competent practitioners who can share what is working well and consider how they might get things even better
- Confident in engaging with volunteers and their local communities
- Part of a growing network supported within a group of like-mined professionals
- Energised to try new things and to confidently lead group and one to one activities
- Prepared to share evidence of activities and impacts to inspectors and commissioners.
Want to join the session?
Topic: Activity Coordinator Drop-in
Time: Fortnightly starting 6 July 2022 from 10am - 11:30am
Meeting ID: 890 5772 0238 Passcode: 361771
Dates for 2022
- 17 August
- 31 August
- 14 September
- 28 September
- 12 October
- 26 October
- 9 November
- 23 November
- 7 December
- 21 December
If you'd like to discuss these sessions with us, please email Suzy - Care Home Network Manager